Thursday 16 January 2014

My Blanket OF the Ground

Nope, that's not a typo.  I'm making clay crochet.  Kind of.
A lot has been going on in my life this past year or so, and I won't bore you with the details, but as part of my journey I am now back at college, doin' a bit of the arty-farty.

A crochet blanket that had been stowed away for years finally got completed, and it will take pride of place in whichever house I land up in.  I love it.
We were fuffing about with clay and I got my hands on a hexagonal tile cutter.  Ideas began to flow as I played about with texture.


A bit of string theory followed...






I added oxides...
Here they are after firing.  Now they need a glaze.

I can't wait to see the finished result - they'll be going up on the wall when I have my place.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - you could make your own floor, fireplace .... amazing stuff. Keep up the crafting whatever - its therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anne. I'm loving all this!

      Delete
  2. Tweeted - nice to see you enjoying yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Carol. I am indeed having fun. It's been a long time.

      Delete